Monday, March 10, 2014

¡Las fotos!

¡Hola! My name is Kathryn and I'm a sophomore studying theology, Spanish and mass communications at BC. Being in El Sal is still surreal for me, and it's truly humbling to be here and serve Christ in the people here. They live in homes with one or two rooms, dirt floors and tin roofs and yet they are some of the most joyful people I've met. One local woman came to the house we are building and was just brimming with joy and excitement at our being there. She's not even a part of the Unbound program, but said she prayed for God's blessings on us daily. "Giving is receiving," she said. How right she was. Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers, and enjoy these photos from today!
Peter, Tara and Becca working on a window out in the street.
Me with my 5-year-old "novio," Ezekiel. It was such a wonderful experience being able to talk to and play with him all day in Spanish, and he taught me a lot. At one point he even half-jokingly asked me to be his girlfriend. He's such a sweetie.
 Becca, Megan and Marty. They are inside the area where we're building the house.
Tara and Ezekiel. We all had fun playing with this cutie.

No comments:

Post a Comment